Many may disagree with me, but I tell my clients to invest in a good website instead of promotional materials. In today’s technologically advanced world, more people are online than ever before. According to Internet World Statistics, more than three quarters of the population in the USA are online. However, a website is no longer an online brochure. Now, a website must be interactive and contain several calls to action throughout the site.
Here are some tips to consider when building your website:
- Keep your copy short and make sure that you use long tailed key words.
- Have copy that constantly changes so that the search engines can find you.
- Don’t create the site and leave it stagnant.
- Use keywords in the copy and in the headlines.
- Offer useful information that can educate your audience.
- Make sure to capture visitor’s contact information when possible.
Using these tips and promoting your site with fresh content once a week will help you build your business a lot more than handing out a brochure.