By now, you may have heard of Periscope- a live streaming app that lets you broadcast to your community directly from your smartphone. The app works similarly to Snap Chat in that footage isn’t stored permanently- users only have 24 hours after the broadcast to view the stream before it’s gone forever. With that in mind, Periscope is perfect for offering exclusive and once-in-a-lifetime content to reach the growing market of video-hungry smartphone users. Here are 5 ways to use Periscope to market your brand:
- Broadcasting Events– Red Bull offers exclusive looks at their events to Periscope users, like the Red Bull Guest House. You can broadcast any kind of event your firm is putting on from keynotes, seminars, panels and conventions to cocktail parties, concerts, benefits and award ceremonies. Keep your community included no matter where they are.
- Behind the Scenes/Exclusives– Spotify capitalized on the exclusivity of Periscope by offering a front row seat to an exclusive jam session with one of their featured artists through the app. Periscope is great for showing your community what goes on during the day-to-day operations of your business, like company outings, meetings, factory operations and more!
- Giveaways & Swag– Mountain Dew debuted some new t-shirts and hats on Periscope and used the opportunity to give back to their fans by randomly selecting a few viewers to receive free stuff. Offering a giveaway is a great way to draw more viewers to your Periscope stream.
- Interviews with Experts/Q&A’s– An interview or Q&A session with an expert is a great way to offer more information and value to your customers and community while engaging them via Periscope. Users can ask questions directly through the app making it a fun, interactive digital event.
- Scavenger Hunts– Two early adopters of Periscope are scoping out America with the first ever Periscope Scavenger Hunt. As Raymond Cinemato and Shawn Matthews travel across America, they will complete challenges submitted by viewers.
There’s very little initial risk when using Periscope to market your brand. The app is free and integrates seamlessly into your Twitter feed, allowing you to draw on your already established community. Give it a try with your brand to see what works for you!