Creating A Strong Brand For Your Business
You may have heard how important having a strong brand is, but what exactly does that mean? And, how do you go about creating an amazing brand when just starting out?
A great brand can consist of everything from your name, logo, and color scheme, to your message and audience. Here are a few things to consider when creating or strengthening your brand:
Identify You Goals
- What do you want people to get out of your brand? What is your message? What problem are you solving? After answering some of these questions, start creating a strong name, slogan, color scheme, and logo. These can change before launch, but it is a good starting point to map out how you want your brand to be seen.
Know Your Audience And Competition
- Know who your audience is and what they may think of your brand. If you are just starting out, you should be taking a look at your competition. Is anyone doing anything similar? You want to make sure your brand stands out amongst the crowd. View what they do right and what they do wrong, what you could improve upon.
- Forbes suggests asking questions about your brand that will help you map out who you are and how you want to be viewed. One question they asked was: If your company were a person, who would it be? This will help you identify your buyer persona. The buyer persona is important in knowing your audience, those who would be interested in the brand.
- You need to have a presence online if you want your brand to reach more people. This could be a website or blog. While social accounts are important as well, your website or blog is where your audience will be held. This should reflect your brand with consistent color schemes, logo, and message.
Get a Second, Third, Fourth Opinion
- Before launching your new brand, being able to step back from your initial branding efforts can help you get a better idea if your message is coming across. You can get advice from an agency to a consultant, anyone who will give you an honest critique of your work.
Create Brand Awareness
- While the initial steps will take a long time and should not be rushed, it’ll eventually be time to create awareness for your brand. This can be everything from using a social media marketing strategies to email marketing. You can get creative with these efforts by holding initial social media contests, creating eye-catching graphics, or connecting with other brands that align with yours.
Creating a strong brand takes a lot of time and due diligence. We hope these tips help in your efforts. If you have any questions or are looking to market your brand, call us at HJMT at 347-696-0220.